New: Connect sevDesk and Penta
Table of contents
Well, do you block whole working days in your calendar to do your accounting tasks? We know very well from our own experience how time-consuming it can be to do the accounting tasks manually. We want to make paper-based mountains of invoices and manual entry of transactions a thing of the past for you. That’s why we have great news for you about how you can integrate your account transactions with Penta into your accounting.
We Have sevDesk on Board Now
We are delighted to welcome our new partner sevDesk. From now on you have the opportunity to connect your Penta account with your sevDesk account. Transactions from your business account can be transferred automatically to the accounting software of sevDesk. Every four hours your account transactions are retrieved via an interface and get transferred to sevDesk.
- Establish a connection between Penta and sevDesk in a few seconds
- Let sevDesk automatically synch your accounting with your transactions from your Penta account
- Keep the overview of your accounting and transfer the data smoothly to your tax accountant
- Save money and time through automated accounting
sevDesk Makes Accounting Easy
Our new partner sevDesk offers you an accounting software that automates your accounting with many features. They make use of new technologies and artificial intelligence. The highest level of security is offered at all times. So the accounting tasks can be done quickly and safely, which amazed a large customer base of sevDesk.
With sevDesk you can drastically simplify many of your accounting tasks. Documents can be digitized and recognized automatically. With sevDesk, invoices can be automatically reconciled, cash method of accounting (Einnahmen-Überschuss-Rechnung, EÜR) as well as profit and loss statements (Gewinn- und Verlustrechnung, GuV) can be created and VAT advance notifications can be made directly to the tax office. Of course, it is also possible to pass on the accounting to your tax accountant.
All Penta customers who sign up with sevDesk receive 25% off the first 12 months – on all tariffs. You can find the offer here.
Well, are you convinced of the benefits?
How to Connect Your Penta Account With sevDesk
Under the Payment Service Directive II (PSD2) you are able to grant access to third party applications to your transaction data, for instance sevDesk. To do this for your Penta transaction data, you’ll first need to register for your solarisBank credentials to “claim” your bank account. Once you’ve completed this registration you can use your credentials to connect to many different third party applications and accounting tools. Follow the two major steps below to connect your Penta account with sevDesk:
- Set up my.solarisbank credentials
- Connect your Penta account with sevDesk
You will find instructions for each step below. Alternatively, you can also view the guide as a PDF with screenshots:
Set up my.solarisbank credentials
- Navigate to my.solarisbank.de and click on “Register” to commence.
- Enter your email address and mobile phone number and click on “Register”.
- Verify your my.solarisbank account. You will receive an email with a temporary password. Navigate to the link contained in the email or alternatively log in to my.solarisbank.de/portal with your temporary password and your email address. Now set a new password.
- Once you’ve registered, connect your my.solarisbank account with your Penta IBAN and the mobile number linked to your Penta account.
- For the safety of your Penta account, there is a 2-step-authentication process. Confirm that it’s really you trying to connect your Penta account with my.solarisbank with a TAN.
- Now verify that you have access to the access to the account. You will need to enter the code that appears in the description of the €0,00 test transaction from solarisBank. The transaction usually arrives in a matter of minutes and you can find the code in the payment notification email or in the transaction page.
- The registration is complete when you have linked your Penta account. You can now connect sevDesk and other third party providers to your Penta account/my.solarisbank.
Connect your Penta account with sevDesk
- Before you continue with setting up the connection, please make sure that you are fully set up with sevDesk and you have your my.solarisbank credentials at hand.
- Log in to sevDesk and head over to “Payments”. On the “Payments” page click on the button “Add payment account”.
- You are now seeing a screen for connecting your bank. You can either search for “Penta” or select “Penta” directly from the overview via quick access.
- Now connect your Penta account with sevDesk by clicking on the button “Connect account”. Afterwards, you’ll be redirected to finAPI, who will establish the connection between your sevDesk and Penta account. finAPI is fully PSD2 compliant.
- A new screen is opening. Enter your Penta IBAN twice in the fields “Anmeldename” and “Kontoreferenzen”. Then click on “Bankdaten abrufen”.
- You are redirected to a new page from Penta/my.solarisbank.de. Here you will be asked to enter your email and password which you used when you registered for my.solarisbank in the previous step.
- Then you will be asked to confirm the access by finAPI (the partner of sevDesk) for this particular IBAN. You can revoke this access to any point in time.
- Then you will receive a SMS to your registered mobile phone to confirm access.
- After confirming the TAN, the task is completed and you will see a success screen. You will be automatically re-direct back to sevDesk.
- Once you are back in sevDesk you will we see a message that the bank account was successfully connected. You can give it ah “account name”. You can also see, that you gave consent for transactions payments, so that you can see your Penta transactions in sevDesk and also pay via sevDesk.
Great, now you have optimized your accounting considerably!
Leave Your Accounting to Automation
By connecting your Penta business account to sevDesk’s accounting software, you can save several hours of time each week. The tasks are fully automated by supporting digitalization. So you can focus on what really counts at the end of the working day: Your business.
Penta can do more than just business banking, so we are constantly looking for new solutions to make your finance management as easy and smart as possible. By integrating your account transactions with Penta into your accounting software, we have taken a big step towards the future. Help us to shape the business banking of the future and take a look at our Product Roadmap. Here you can find out what we are developing for you in the near term and you have the opportunity to share your product wishes and ideas with us. We have now been able to fulfill one of these wishes by linking your bank account to your accounting tool.
Connect your Penta business account to your sevDesk account and save time and money on your accounting.