Stay secure with Penta
Penta offers a BaFin-regulated account of solarisBank. With the newest security standards and advanced app functions, Penta ensures the highest level of online banking security.
Personalised security settings
Manage account access rights – from ‘view only’ to full administrator access – and set spending and budget limits for each account user. If you lose your Penta Card, simply lock it online via the Penta menu – and unlock it immediately when you find it.
You can easily customise your account settings in the Penta app.
How Penta protects your business account
- Two-factor authentication on login: Pair your device with your Penta account and ease your mind
- TLS encryption to secure sensitive data and payment data
- mobileTAN technology: Ensures that only you can send a payment from your account
- Bank deposit protection: Your deposits are protected up to €100,000 under the german deposit protection scheme.
What is Phishing?
Phishing is an attempt by criminals to use false digital identities to obtain payment-related user data such as addresses, passwords or account data by means of fictitious e-mails, websites or messenger services. Do not open or click on any attachments or links in emails from unknown senders for your own protection.
Therefore, keep data such as passwords, PINs and TANs secret and check your account balance regularly. If you have any questions, contact our customer support.
CARD FRAUD PROTECTION
Bright and Secure
Unlike many traditional bank cards, the Penta card not only has a bright design but also enhanced fraud protection thanks to the card number placed on the backside.
Penta Customer Service
Our team is here to help
If you believe that there is phishing involved or that certain security features are not working, please contact
If you are unsure who to contact if you suspect fraud, please contact email@example.com or call us on weekdays from 9am to 6pm on +49 30 255 585 803.
Penta Corporate Security
Yes. Protecting your deposits is and account is the top priority for us.
By working with Solarisbank AG, a fully licensed bank, we are subject to the same regulations as traditional banks under the supervision of BaFin. Your deposits are protected up to €100,000 through the European Security Fund.
With 3D Secure technology, all of your online payments are safe and secure.
The 3D Secure (3-domain secure) is a security protocol which is designed to reduce card fraud, specifically for e-commerce. Merchants send a payment request to Penta via an encrypted connection every time you make an online purchase, which you have to approve. The 3D-Secure procedure is based on a PSD2 (Payment Service Directive 2) of the EU, which is supervised in Germany by the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin).
This service is provided by Visa and Mastercard under the names Verified by Visa and Mastercard Identity Check.
Find out more about the 3D Secure authentication in our Help Centre.
This authentication step requires you to authorize online card payments either via a mobileTAN or a push-notification through your Penta app, before they are processed. That way you can easily identify and prevent fraudulent online usage of your card before it even happens.
Penta cards issued by solarisBank require an authentication for transactions via the following two methods:
- In-app notification: biometric factor e.g. using fingerprint via the mobile banking app
- mobileTAN via SMS: authentication through the possession of your smartphone and the knowledge about your transactions
You will be able to choose between the two options every time you initiate the card payment.
Yes! You can login without providing a TAN by pairing your smartphone with your Penta account.
Yes, our banking partner and the account holder, solarisBank, operates a hotline for urgent cases, such as fraud or lost/stolen cards. The number can be found on the back of your Penta Debit Card.
Your Penta bank account is already protected by comprehensive security standards to ensure the protection of your account.
In addition to your Penta bank account’s advanced security features, you can take steps to further increase your security:
- Make purchases only from online shops you trust.
- Check that websites have a closed lock symbol.
- Do not share sensitive information with others digitally.
- Create a strong password that includes at least eight characters, a capital letter, a special character and a number.
- Don’t trust all emails and daily offers you receive. Sometimes cybercriminals are hiding behind them
- Use two-factor authentication on other platforms, such as your email provider.